Sunday, March 24, 2013

Beauty Resolutions Update: Holding Myself Accountable

     If you may recall, at the end of 2012 I made a list of Beauty Resolutions for the new year. You can see my original post HERE. I decided this evening that in order to hold myself accountable for said resolutions, I need to write down everything that I buy. So that's what I did tonight. I must say that I am rather proud of myself. I certainly could have done better over these last 3 months, but I could also have done much worse. 

     Per my own guidelines, I am not allowed to buy any new eyeliners this year. I have stuck to that rule so far. I haven't purchased one eyeliner, or a lipliner. I also made a resolution to take better care of my skin. I'm proud to say I've been following a regiment and my skin looks pretty darn good. I haven't had any serious breakouts or anything like that. I also limited myself to only buying lip products I know I will use regularly. I have been sticking to that as well. So many new things have come out that I've wanted to try, but I left them at the store knowing I'd be wasting my own money. No new body lotions, body sprays or shower gels have been purchased. I am still using what I already own. I also limited myself to 7 nail polishes, and so far have only bought 5. 

Of course, I am not perfect, as no one is lol. I have gone a tad crazy buying brushes and makeup sponges. I do use them everyday, so I feel it was money well spent. I also fell off the deep end and purchased 4 new foundations (holy shit!) and 2 new concealers (so much for P10P use ups!) I am also still buying small eyeshadows palettes here and there, which add up to a lot of new eyeshadow to say the least. (2 singles, 2 trios, four different 8 pans, 1 quad and the Naked Basics palette)

   I'm not quite sure if the good outweighs the bad in this situations LOL. I only have to answer to myself after all, and I am proud of the amount of self control I've had so far. So until next quarter, wish me luck!!

   How are you doing on YOUR New Years Resolutions? Good, bad, forgotten altogether? Let me know in the comments below!

Much love, and wishes for health and happiness 

1 comment:

  1. i'm doing good xD i'm doing another haul/update at the end of this week about it. so far, so good. but i do feel a bit overwhelmed by my resolutions vs. the bunch of new stuff in the drugstore. it's hard to keep my resolutions with all of that good stuff coming in!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...