Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Smashbox BB Cream - Mini Review

    As I mentioned about a week ago, I stopped in at Sephora to get a couple samples of products I've been wanting to try. One of them was the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. If you are unaware what 'BB Cream" means, it stands for Blemish Balm Cream. This BB Cream has a SPF 35 in it (awesome, considering summer is upon us!) According to Sephora

This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultra-smoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas. Especially when worn under foundation, it enhances the wear of makeup. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish.

Image via Smashbox





    Now I don't know about this product giving me a glowing, ethereal appearance. It is nice and light, and it does not look or feel chalky, as it claims. I don't find that it smooths my skin any, or "re-texturizes" anything. I would consider it more of a tinted moisturizer. You can wear it underneath foundation, but that just seems like overkill to me. I wear it on it's own, and find it gives me just enough coverage. I like the texture of it, it's nice and creamy, but not too thick. It's very easy to blend. I apply it with a foundation brush, but it would be just as easy to apply with your fingers. 

    This is a nice product, but I don't find it to be anything spectacular. For $39, I personally don't find it to be worth the money. I'm glad I got a sample before impulse buying or anything. I'd use it again, but I defiantly wouldn't shell $40 out for it. I find my $3 ELF Tinted Moisturizer does just as good of a job. 

So, before and after photos? Of course! These are close up so you can see all my freckles, and how the coverage is of them afterwards. I have to admit, this is a little scary for me ;)


What are your thoughts? Have you tried this? Would you spurge on it? Impressive, or pass?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...