Monday, February 20, 2012

Too Faced Beautiful Dreamer Collection

    As you may, or may not, remember, I received this as a birthday present way back in November. I promised then that I would do a little review on it, and am just now getting around to it. This collection is available at Sephora, for $46.



According to Sephora's website:

"This six-piece set features two limited-edition mirrored compacts, Shadow Insurance Candlelight for crease-proof, fade-proof intense color pay-off with a subtle warm shimmer, a full-size Lashgasm mascara, and a full-size lip gloss in a sexy, crystal pink, all packaged in a pretty pink bag fit for a princess. "


  • First off, this makeup bag is SO cute! I especially love the swan on it. I did not keep the products in it however, I now use it to store my cotton balls (cutely, of course) in my makeup area. 
  • The shadow Insurance Candlelight is very nice. It has a luminous sparkle  to it, unlike the original. I don't think that it holds up any better than Urban Decay Primer Potion, or my $1 ELF eyelid primer, at that. I do enjoy this product, but I don't see myself going out and buying a full size. This retails for $18. 
  • The eye shadow quad is GORGEOUS! The packaging on the compact matches the makeup bag, and includes a mirror. I love that there is a matte brown shade included in this quad. I generally use a matte brown in my crease, for blending. I find a lot of quads now-a-days are all shimmer, frost, or glitter. There is not enough matte out there, in my opinion. So thumbs up to Too Faced for matte eye shadow! I think this keeps this quad very versatile, and great for everyday. I love the pink shade, but I don't find that it actually shows up pink when applied. It's just more of a sheen, but it is a great highlight. You also have your choice of 2 colors for the lid: bronze, or light gold. The quality of these shadows are what you would expect from Too Faced: great pigmentation, and not at all chalky. The shades names are: Teddy Bear (matte brown), Blonde Ambition (light shimmery gold), Totally Toasted (shimmery bronze) and Satin Sheets (pale champagne pink). Most Too Faced shadows are cold in palettes of 9 shades for $36, so I would guess the retail of this to be about $19 or $20. 
  • The blush and bronzer duo is great too. I do find it very similar to the ELF blush/ bronzer duo. So if you are looking for something similar at a fraction of the cost, I'd check that out for only $3. The bronzer in this duo is matte (yay!!) and not at all orange looking. It is called 'Sun Bunny". The blush, called 'Who's Your Poppy", is a very shimmery peachy poppy color. It's amazeballs! I love this blush!! I wish it had a bit less shimmer, but it doesn't stop me from using it. It's almost like using a blush and highlighter all in one. 'Sun Bunny' retails for $29, and 'Who's Your Poppy' retails for $19.
  • The lip gloss in this set smells and tastes amazing. The problem with that is when I wear it, I end up licking it all off because it tastes so good. LOL The color is a nice sheer pink with loads of glittery shimmer to it. It's called 'Pink Swan'. I think it's a great gloss for a night out. This particular color, or packaging, is sold individually. A regular Too Faced lip gloss retails for $19. 
  • Lastly in the collection is a full sized LashGASM mascara. I have been really trying this out a lot, and I would say this is a very good mascara. It is a bit too wet for my liking, but I don't find it OVERLY wet, if that makes sense. I like that the brush is very skinny. It helps to get those lower lashes without making a big mess. It also helps to really get into your lash line and give those lashes a good coat. I don't find that it flakes off, or is overly clumpy. I would considering buying this again, as I do really enjoy this mascara. LashGASM mascara retails for $21.
Overall you are getting about $128 worth of makeup for $46. Deal? Absolutely! I truly love this set, and would recommend it to anyone. This is still available through Sephora if you are interested in checking it out for yourself. Click HERE to get more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...