Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Review: Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream


Hi guys, a little review for you today. I will have a couple of these coming up, so yay for that! :) 

I recently received my Beauty Blogger VoxBox from Influenster as blogged about here. One of the items in the box for me to try out was this hair cream. I'm not much into hair products (though I should be, I dyed my hair pink for crying out loud). I do use good shampoo, conditioner, etc. I just don't buy a lot of hair creams, texturizers, pomades and the like. Needless to say I was pretty excited to try this out for free. This is from the brand Not Your Mother's, which you can check out by clicking the name. 

To see how I feel about it, and to learn more about this product, keep reading!
The bottle I received is 1.5 fl. oz. The full size is 4 fl. oz for $6. You can find this brand at Walmart, CVS, Ulta and many other places.

    This hair cream is infused with coconut and silk extracts. It does smell like coconut, but not like a tanning lotion. If you are not into that type of smell, that's something to keep in mind. I however, LOVE coconut and really enjoy the smell. 

    The texture/ consistency is not quite a cream, but not quite a gel either. It's a bit liquify, but not overly so (if that makes any sense. I put a drop the size of a dime in my palm, rub my hands together, and run it through my hair. I have medium length hair, and that is enough product for me. I can see this smaller bottle lasting me a bit of time, considering how small amount of product you actually need. 

   From Not Your Mother's:

PRODUCT FACTS
- De-frizzes and straightens hair
- All day performance
- Adds shine
- Coconut & silk extracts add shine and strength to hair

STYLING TIPS & EFFECTS
Apply Smooth Moves™ to damp hair, distribute evenly with a comb and then blow-dry to reveal straight, frizz-free hair.


BOTTOM LINE:

I really, really enjoy this product. I'm interested in trying more hair products from the Not Your Mother's brand. I have super crazy hair (frizzy, wavy, dry, brittle, dull, you name it), and I found this DID give me a lot of shine, it DID control my frizz, and after air drying it DID help in styling. I do prefer it better with air dried hair, as opposed to blow dried hair, but that's just me. Would I recommend this? You bet your Mother!

A COUPLE SHOTS OF MY HAIR AFTER USING:






FTC: This product was sent by Influenster for review. All opinions are my own, I am not being compensated for this review.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...