Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review: imPRESS Press On Manicure

You may remember from my Mom VoxBox post, that I received the imPRESS nails to try out. I was VERY excited about these, as I do wear fake nails. So for our anniversary date I took these babies out for a test drive!

According to imPRESS Manicure:
Introducing imPress Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails, the revolutionary way to apply polish! Featuring advanced nail technology, you can get a salon-perfect manicure in seconds – simply peel off, press on, and you're done. There's no drying, a killer shine and a manicure that lasts up to a week! And, imPress is so easy to remove, you can change it up to match your mood as often as you want. Check out all 36 colors and patterns, including trendy brights, classic darks and animal prints. With imPress, your nails will always be your best accessory.


Day 2 of wear

I received these in the color 'Glisten Up' which is a purple/ fuchsia kind of color. It wouldn't have been my first choice of color, but I didn't dislike it either. 

These nails were fairly easy to apply, it took me about 4 minutes. The little tabs you pull of to stick them on were kind of hard to pull at times, and I ended up misshaping one due to this. 

I noticed right away that they didn't fit my nails very well. They are very flat shaped, and some of my nails are very curved. They didn't sit flat against my nails, so I had a little gap between they 2. It didn't bother me much the first day, but by the next day day it was driving me up the wall. My hair kept getting caught underneath them, and it was very irritating. 


I fully planned to keep these on the full 7 days they claim to last. However on day 4, 2 of them popped off while I was washing the dishes. I pulled 4 more off that same day because I couldn't take getting my hair caught up anymore. Also they were lifting up off my nails pretty badly. I did leave the last 4 on the full week, and they did stay on just fine. However those were the only 4 nails that fit properly. 

The nails themselves are actually not a hard plastic, they are more malleable. I kind of like that, I feel they didn't dent up as quickly as my regular nails do. Due to the softness of them, they kind of roll with the punches, so to speak, instead of cracking or chipping. They stayed relatively shiny, but were starting to dull down by day 4 or 5. 

You can see it doesn't fit my nail, and it's starting pull up a lot. 

Bottom Line: 
I will probably use my $1 off coupon to get a fun pattern I really like, to wear for a special occasion, but I will take them off after a day or 2. There is no way I will be able to stand these nails for a week again, considering they don't fit my nail type perfectly. You can find out more about this product at www.impressmanicure.com


Have you tried these nails? How did they work out for you??

*These were sent by Influenster for consideration*




2 comments:

  1. I was wondering about these. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob! Guess it all depends on your nail shape as to how they will work out for you.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...