Thursday, August 2, 2012

Haul & Swatches: theBalm


Seriously, a haul 2 days in a row?? Yes, for real yo! I ordered a few things from HauteLook the last time the were featuring theBalm. I have been lusting and lusting after these things for SO long. Of course on HauteLook (if you are not familiar) everything is deeply discounted during flash sales. I bought everything at 50% retail, so I'm pretty pumped about that! There is one other blush I really want, super duper bad, but alas! It was not in the sale. Darn it!

I know there are TONS and TONS of swatches/photos/info blah blah blah about all these products online, so I will keep it short and sweet. If you are looking for these items also, keep checking HauteLook, they seem to have a flash sale on theBalm every 5 weeks or so =)




Frat Boy blush is described as a peachy - apricot. I'd say that is pretty darn accurate. This has what I would call a satin finish. It's not quite matte, but defiantly not a shimmer blush either. Highly pigmented, so use a very light hand if you are fair skinned, as I am. 


Mary-Lou Manizer  /  Frat Boy

Mary - Lou Manizer highlight is described as a honey hued luminizer. Honey seems close, but I think it's bit more champagne colored. Swatches do it no justice, this baby is so BEAUTIFUL. So pigmented, so glowy. I love you Mary-Lou! You can also use this as an eyeshadow.


The Nude 'Tude palette consists of 12 beautiful, pigmented eyeshadows. The finishes run the gambit from matte, satin, frost to shimmer. A little bit of everything. This palette comes in 2 versions: Naughty or Nice. I received the Naughty version (which I love, it's adorbs!) The Nice version has a picture of a dressing room as a background. I like this palette as it has different neutrals in it, compared to Naked, Naked 2, In the Light... etc.  More color description below. 


Sassy: frosted white
Stubborn: satin peachy pink
Selfish: frosted taupe
Sophisticated: shimmery cool-toned deep brown
Sexy: matte burgundy 
Serious: matte black


Snobby: frosted yellow gold
Stand-offish: frosted medium pink
Sultry: matte tan
Seductive: satin golden brown
Silly: shimmery deep reddish brown
Sleek: matte deep brown


Final Words:
These products are AMAZE-BALLS! If you can get your hands of any theBalm products, grab them up girlfriend!! Pigmentation is phenomenal. The packaging is fantastic. It's very retro 50's pin-up type. Nothing has any extra, unnecessary bulk to it (I'm looking at you, Revlon...) I will defiantly be purchasing more products from theBalm. I give everything I got an A+










No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...