Monday, January 16, 2012

My Latest MAC-cusitions

    I stuck to my budget of only purchasing one MAC product per week, or so. I did not buy anything this week, but I did last week. I also picked up 2 things during the holidays using Christmas gift cards. So what did I get?

Painterly Paint Pot - $17.50
I louvre this product!! It matching the skin tone perfectly! I use this probably 4 or 5 times in a week. I love this as a base to my eye shadows because I have VERY hooded lids, and usually everything creases on me. I have found with paint pots that my eye makeup DOES NOT budge throughout the entire day. It's wonderful! This particular color is a pink, nude color. If you are thinking of taking the plunge into Paint Pots, I highly suggest this be your first purchase. If you have a darker skin tone, I would consider Quite Natural, or Groundwork.

Rubenesque Paint Pot - $17.50
Image Info
This was the second Paint Pot I was most intrigued by. This particular color is a soft, almost sheer, gold. It's very beautiful. I like to use this under bronze and gold colored shadows, like Urban Decay's Half Baked, or the bronze color in the Wet n Wild trio, I'm Getting Sunburned. Staying power is that of any other Paint Pot: incredible. I will defiantly be looking into more of these products. 

MAC Trax eye shadow - $15.00

I talked myself out of buying All That Glitters as my next eye shadow. Every time I went to the MAC counter I was drawn to this particular shade. It's amazing to look at. It's a very complex color, in my opinion.  It's defiantly a purple, but it also has a gold shift to it, with a slightly plum or cranberry undertone. This has a Velvet finish, and I love it. Frosts and shimmers tend to have more fall-out, or be too shimmery. This shade has more a sheen to it. It's quite lovely. I like to pair this with a gold eye shadow, to bring the gold shift out in it. If you are a purple lover, Trax will not let you down. 


Those are all the MAC purchases I have made to date. I do not regret any of them, and look forward to trying out more colors. For reference, there are pictures below of the two MAC shadows I purchased previously. 



What are some of your favorite MAC products?





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE MAC makeup!!!!!
    The cherry lipliner is a staple in my makeup bag and I love the MAC red lipstick!!!
    The paint pots are amazing!!!!
    Great post!!!
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...