Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pink Party People!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe it's 2012 already. Where does the time go? One day you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your first baby, and the next you have 4. Well, that's what life seems like to me anyway ;) Last night we stayed home with the kiddos, and had our own little "party". I made a bunch of party food, and we played video games, and drew pictures, and watched New Years Rocking Eve. My 5 year old informed me our party was lame. LOL

    As today is the beginning of a new year, I thought I'd start off with something different today. I love PINK. Anything pink, and I'm all about it. I tend not to wear a lot of pink eye shadow though, because I'm not sure how it looks on me. I wanted to use my CS Shimmer palette, and the pink shades called out to me, and I went for it. Enough of my life story, onto the pics!

It's much more vibrant looking in real life, I swear!










  • MAC paintpot in Painterly
  • Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette
  • Too Faced Velvet Revolver eye shadow
  • Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner
  • Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Woodstock (pink)
  • Maybelline Lots of Lashes mascara
  • Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara
  1. Prime lids with the paintpot (or eye primer, whatever you use)
  2. Using a dark pink shade, carefully place the color in the crease, but only on the outside half, don't bring it in towards the nose.
  3. Using a matte shade, close to your skin color ( I used Velvet Revolver), blend around that dark pink to fade the edges and make everything smooth.
  4. Using a light pink shade, pat the color all over the lid.
  5. I used a creamy shade as my brow highlight, and blended all the edges.
  6. Line upper lash line with a black eyeliner of your choice. I'm loving the Line Stiletto right now.
  7. I lined the outer half of my lower lashes with a pink eyeliner, this step is optional. 
  8. I layered 2 different mascaras today. The first (Maybelline) just didn't do enough for me today. 
  9. I used a peachy blush (Luminoso) and peach lip (Maybelline Baby Lips) to counteract the pink of the eye. 


I hope everyone had a wonderful, and safe New Years! Love to you all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...