Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Drugstore Mascara Run Down

I have tried quite a few mascaras in my day. Not every mascara in the drugstore, but a good number. I just wanted to list what is great, or not so great, about each mascara I've tried. At the end I will list them in order of my favorite to my least favorite.

What criteria do I look for in a mascara? Let's see:
- Volumizing
- Separating
- Lengthening
- No Smudging
- No Clumping
- No Flaking 
- Very Black in Color
- Dry Formula
- Holds A Curl

That's not a lot to ask for, is it? 



CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume (not pictured)
- Not enough volume
- Separates well
- Lengthens
- Doesn't hold a curl long enough
- No clumping, no flaking

Maybelline Lots 'O Lashes
- Wetter formula
-Clumpy
- Not lengthening enough
- Minimal flaking
- Slight smudging

Maybelline Falsies Flared (not pictured)
- Holds a curl
- Minimal flakes
- Dry formula
- No smudging
- Lots of volume

Essence No Limits Waterproof (discontinued)
- Holds curl
- Lengthens
- Volumizes
- Minimal smudging
- Dry formula

Essence Multi-Action False Lash 
- Very dry
- Very clumpy
- Flakey
- No false lash effect

Essence All Eyes On Me
- Too natural looking
- Not volumizing or lengthening
- Very dry
- Not black enough

Jordana Best Lash Extreme
- Very black
- Lengthening
- No clumps
- No flakes
- Holds the curl awesome

Rimmel Scandal-Eyes
- Too wet
- Brush is too big
- Minimal length
- Clumpy
- Smudges easily
- Too heavy

Ulta Lash Blow Out
- Odd ball-shaped wand
- Extremely wet
- Too heavy
- No curl holding
- Very smudgy
- Takes too long to dry

Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions
- Primer end is great!
- Mascara end sucks
- Too clumpy
- It IS very black
- Needs to dry quicker
- Too expensive for what it is

Maybelline Mega Plush
- Lengthens 
- Separates
- Dry formula
- Holds curl
- No faking
- No smudging
- Very black formula
- Very lightweight

Most Favorite to Least Favorite:
1. Maybelline Mega Plush
2. Jordana Best Lash Extreme
3. Maybelline Falsies Flared
4. Essence No Limits Waterproof
5. CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume
6. Maybelline Lots 'O Lashes
7. Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions
8. Rimmel Scandal-Eyes
9. Essence All Eyes On Me
10. Essence Multi-Action False Lash
11. Ulta Lash Blow Out (this mascara is TERRIBLE)


What are your favorites mascaras??





2 comments:

  1. Great list! Have you tried any L'oreal mascaras? L'oreal voluminous carbon black after it dries out is my HG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that from LOTS of people, but I have yet to try it out. I need to pitch a couple of these ones for sure a) because they are old and b) because they suck. I defiantly want to try that L'Oreal one, and the L'Oreal one TiffanyD likes. I forgot what it is called though

      Delete

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...