Saturday, September 15, 2012

Swatchfest: Maybelline LE Fall 2012 - Eyeshadows

Let me just start out by saying that this collection is AMAZING. I love pretty much everything in it. If you are unaware this collection is available at places such as Rite Aid and Walgreens. The collection consists of:
2 Brow Pencils
2 Master Drama Eyeliners
4 Color Tattoos
4 Blush & Bronzers
4 EyeStudio Quads
6 Lipsticks
6 Nail Colors

I have swatched the Color Tattoos already, and you can see that post here. I do need to add Mossy Green to that post, so please excuse my laziness on that. I have 2 of the nail polishes that I will swatch soon, but today I have 2 of the EyeStudio quads to share with you. The 2 quads I picked up were #200 - Smokey Cinnamon, and #400 - Olive Martini. 

Let me preface this by saying: At my Rite Aid they were also repromoting a quad from last years fall collection call 'Strut It Suede'. I don't know if that is a repromote for this collection, or if it was just in the wrong spot. So if you were looking for that quad last year, check the new display. You may get lucky. I have that quad (I found it at Big Lots for $3), so if you'd like swatches of it, let me know in the comments below. 


First Up we have #400 - Olive Martini. This is a quad that is getting a lot of love here in the blogging, and the youtube, community. It is beautiful!



The first shade is a soft, neutral pink shade. The second is a soft almost sea spray type blue/ green color. It's hard to describe, but it's gorgeous! The third shade is getting all the hype. It is a dupe to MAC's Club, or Too Faced Label Whore. There is also a similar color in the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette. It is a very red brown that shifts to a green color. It's so awesome. Depending on the base you use, and the light, it is different colors. The last shade is a very rich brown. If you have seen swatches of the Color Tattoo from this collection called Rich Mahogany, this is the same color in powder shadow form. 



See the blue/ green shift in this last picture? Amazeballs!

Next up we have #200 - Smokey Cinnamon.



The first color in the quad is a soft cream color, basically the powder shadow version of the Barely Beige Color Tattoo. The second shade is a vibrant, almost lime green color. It's SO pretty. I wear this quad with my Mossy Green Color Tattoo, and this looks amazing over the darker green base. The third shade looks very orange in my pictures, but it actually has a burgundy undertone to it. I like to use this color in the crease for a pop of warmth. The last shade is a deep mossy green color. Powder shadow form of the Mossy Green Color Tattoo. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...