Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Swatchfest: Maybelline LE Fall 2012 - Tenacious Taupe

Hi my loves! Today I have my second - to - last post of the Maybelline LE Fall 2012 items I've collected. I have one more nail polish to swatch after this. 

Rite Aid has a deal going on right now (probably until Sat) where you spend $15 on Maybelline, you get $5 back in an UP Reward. The Maybelline lipsticks retail for $7.49, so with my $5 I had on my Rite Aid card, I picked this one up for a whopping $2.68 (that includes tax). 

This is the only lipstick in the collection that really appealed to me. I love nude lipsticks, but the rest were way to brown toned/too dark/ too rosy for my liking. 

To see a swatch and a comparison to other nude lipsticks that may be similar, keep reading!






This a fairly brown nude. I like this lipstick, but I prefer it with a gloss on top. Like other Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks, this feels very nice on the lips, not drying. Wear time is pretty average, I'd say 2 to 3 hours. 


As you can see in the above picture, Tenacious Taupe has the most brown undertone. Rimmel #14 has a slightly more pink undertone. Wet n Wild's Bare it all has the most pink undertone. Essence's Creamy Nude is by far my favorite nude lipstick of life! (And it's only $2!) It's a very natural nude, very pinky, not dark at all. Defiantly my go-to nude lipstick by far.

I hope this was helpful, and I'll talk to you guys soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...