Friday, December 16, 2011

Gift Guide for the Makeup Junkie Teen in Your Life

    I had a question from aunt this morning, on some gift set ideas for her teenage sons girlfriend. I thought to myself just now, what a good blog post! I previously did a Christmas Gift Guide, but those were things you or I may want. Teens don't necessarily need such lavish things, maybe they just need a "start up kit". Do you have a makeup loving teen in your life? Here are my suggestions to her, and maybe you will find the perfect thing for that special teen in your life also.

  #1 Top Pick: Wet n Wild Beauty Train Case
photo from: budget-beauty-goddess.onsugar.com

The 'night' side comes with: Don't Steal My Thunder trio, Heather Silk blush, Mega Plump mascara, MegaLast nail color in Red Tape, MegaLast lip color in Stoplight Red.
The 'day' side comes with: Sweet as Candy trio, Pearlescent Pink blush, Mega Length mascara, MegaLast nail color in Candy-licious, MegaLast lip color in Think Pink.
This kit is either $9.99 or $14.99, and I've only seen it at Rite Aid.










Color Workshop kits at Walmart.

The same company that owns Wet n Wild, owns The Color Workshop. There are a few different kits available, some makeup, some nail polish. I can't get the pictures to load on the website, so click HERE to get a peek. These kits run anywhere from $5 to $20.

Makeup Brushes
Walmart also has a couple great brush kits this year. My mom got me both sets for my birthday (yes, I'm spoiled). One set is $10, and includes about 8 full size brushes, a brush case, and a vanity cup. The other set has a whole full size brush set, a travel set with bag, a brush bag, travel mirror and vanity cup. This set is $20. Both brush sets are actually really good quality, and I've been using them everyday since my birthday. (Especially loving the foundation brush)


Ulta - Stages of Beauty kit




This kit includes: 2 dual-ended eyeliner, 2 lipsticks, 2 gloss tubes, 12 pan lip colors, 2 concealers, 4 blushes, 1 bronzer, 1 highlighter, and 45 eye shadows. This kit is on sale now for $19.99.





















Ulta - Best of Color Palette


This kit comes with 12 eye colors, and 12 lip colors. I tested this today in store, and it's pretty darn good pigmentation. This is on sale now for either $9.99 or $7.99.













Build A Kit
This is a great idea! It's more personal than a store bought kit, if that's something you consider. Must haves for this kit: 
  1. NYC Sunny bronzer
  2. Wet n Wild #547A (Breeze) lipstick
  3. Wet n Wild 'Silent Treatment' trio
  4. Wet n Wild 'Lavender Creme' nail polish
  5. Wet n Wild 'Walking on Eggshells' trio
  6. Wet n Wild 'Pearlescent Pink' blush
  7. Wet n Wild #545A (Blushing Bali) lipstick


2 comments:

  1. you should do one of these (or something alike) for this year! i really want to build kits for my bffs to get them more into makeup (like i am) & i love listening to other people's ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I defiantly will be doing my Makeup Gift Guides again this year :) My aunt had actually suggested this idea to me, as she needed ideas for her son's girlfriend. As the season gets closer, I will have a list for you! ;-)

      Delete

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...