Friday, December 23, 2011

A Little Confession... and a quick FOTD

    Are you ready for it? .... I purchased my first MAC products. *GASP*  I heard it, I heard your shock. I know, I know, I'm all about the drugstore and the penny pinching. However, I wasn't really penny pinching. I was spending money on anything and everything, just to have it. It all adds up! Then it sits in my collection, sometimes I use it: sometimes I don't. It's a waste of money for me to just do that every week. I decided if what I really want is MAC, then I'm going to buy it. It is expensive, so I am limiting myself to one thing each week. However it will be things that I ACTUALLY really want to own, and will use. So I justify myself ;)
    So what did I get? Well last week I purchased Satin Taupe eye shadow. This week I got Naked Lunch eye shadow. So far.... I love them as much as I knew I would. After looking at swatch after swatch of Satin Taupe, I was worried it would be too dark, or too brown. But it's really not. It's a beautiful grey/purple/taupe mixture. I like it on the lid, I like it in the crease, I like it all all over. I'd bathe in it ;) Naked Lunch is a soft cream/peach/baby pink combo. It's kind of hard to explain. It makes a nice brow highlight, but also a nice neutral lid color. I think both are definite staples in any MAC collection.
    What will I get next? Probably All That Glitters eye shadow. I don't know. I think what I'm actually going to do is save my money and place a bigger order online so I can get my shadows in refill pans (they are $4 cheaper) and put them in a palette. We shall see!

Keep reading after the jump!

For today's look I incorporated my 2 MAC shadows. Enjoy!


Earrings: Dots / Sweater: Old Navy




  • Revlon Colorstay foundation
  • NYC concealer
  • Maybelline Dream Matte powder
  • NYC Sunny bronzer
  • Milani Luminoso blush
  • e.l.f eyelid primer
  • MAC Satin Taupe e/s (crease)
  • MAC Naked Lunch e/s (lid)
  • Too Faced Satin Sheets e/s (highlight)
  • Urban Decay 'Bourbon' liner
  • Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara
  • Revlon Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

Happy Beautifying Loves!

1 comment:

  1. hey i've seen people that use the elf elements compacts to fill in with their mac eyeshadows! it's only a dollar and you could buy your mac eyeshadows in refil pans! you could research it before but i've seen it soo many times. u should try it :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...