Friday, September 23, 2011

New Goodies - and a LOTD!

    So today I got use my new Urban Decay Naked palette! So excited!! I saved up for it and I got the last one at Ulta. These babies have been selling out for a year now, that's crazy. Yes, it is expensive ($48) but it doesn't seem bad when you factor it all out. A single Urban Decay e/s is $17, and there are 12 in this palette. You also get a small size Urban Decay Primer Potion (lid primer), and the small size is $9. You also get an e/s brush which is $20 on it's own. So $233 worth of makeup for $48 is not too bad at all.
*photo courtesy of Urban Decay*
    I only used 2 brushes for this look today. I also did something I've never done before: RED lip stick! I hope you enjoy!
1) Prime the lids. I used NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk", which is a creamy matte white. 
2) Using a fluffy brush, I applied the color "Virgin" (lightest color, white frost) all over my lid, inner tear duct, and for my brow highlight. 
3) Next I applied the color "Naked" (light matte brown) to my crease, and blended up.
4) Still using the same fluffy brush, I applied the color "Buck" (darker matte brown) just into the crease to deepen it. Using the fluffy brush is doing 2 steps in one by applying the color and blending at the same time. It's also giving you a less defined, more natural look.
5) Using a brown eyeliner, I lined my upper lid and my lower waterline.
6) Using a small detail brush, I applied the color "Darkhorse" (darkest brown, frosted shade) to my outer V, and over the brown eyeliner. I also smudged it slightly under the lower lash line.
7) I curled my lashes, and applied my Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara
8) For the rest of my face I contoured my cheeks lightly with my NYC bronzer, and used my Hard Candy blush on the apples of my cheeks. It gives you more of a glow, rather than a color.
9) On my lips I used my Carmex lip balm, and topped it with "Ruby" lipstick by NYC. I've never used red lipstick before (it kind of scares me!) I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Thoughts?

Happy beautifying!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...