Friday, April 6, 2012

My Look: Bigger, Bolder, Brighter

   
  A few days ago I hit the 40% off NYX sale at Ulta. I've been wanting a couple of those 10 palettes, and since the were about $6.50 instead of $11, I got the ones I wanted. I picked up Caviar & Bubbles (another neutral palette, and I forgot to slap myself for it LOL) and also Secret World (lots of pretty green shades and a pop of orange). For today's look I used the Secret World palette, and really played up the green shades. I think they really pretty against my deep brown eyes. Enjoy!




Face:

  • Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation (I am in #40 Nude)
  • NYX Stay Matte, Not Flat powder (I am in the color Nude)
  • NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny
  • NYX Powder Blush in Summer Peach
Eyes:
  • Sephora eyelid primer
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
  • NYX Secret World palette
  • NYX Caviar & Bubbles palette (only the white shade)
  • Wet n Wild cream liner in Black
  • NYC eyeliner pencil in White
  • Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions mascara
  • Maybelline Falsies Flared mascara
  • Sephora eyebrow pencil in Khaki

  1. Prime lids with the eyelid primer.
  2. Using a synthetic brush, blend the white pencil in just under the eyebrow.
  3. Using the matte white shadow from the Caviar & Bubbles palette, apply on top of the white pencil. Blend down slightly, but keep the brow highlight area nice and bright. Also apply a small amount to the inner tear duct area.
  4. Using the medium lime green shade from the Secret World palette, apply with a patting motion onto the inner 2/3 of the lid. Blend the edge back just slightly.
  5. Using the matte bright green from the palette, pat the shadow onto the outer 1/3 of the lid, blending into the first color just a little. You want there to be a nice transition, not a stark line between the 2 colors. 
  6. Blend the crease with a clean brush to soften the edge.
  7. Using the shimmery peach shade from the same palette, apply to the crease and blend above to bring everything together. There should be no lines, just a nice transition between every color you've applied.
  8. Line the lower water line and lash line with the white pencil.
  9. Using a small angled brush, apply the first lime green shade to the inner half of the lower lash line.
  10. Using the same brush, apply the darker, brighter, green to the outer half of the lower lash line.
  11. Line the upper lid with a very thin line of black liner. I did not do much of a wing at all. I let the eye shadow be the drama.
  12. Curl the lashes, and apply the primer from the XXL Pro Extensions mascara.
  13. Apply the black mascara over the primer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...