Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse


    Let me start off by saying I've been only wearing Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation for over 3 now. I don't remember the last time I religiously wore a liquid foundation, if ever. I am so sensitive to EVERYTHING! I always break out, ALWAYS. Very annoying. Well I'm coming to a point in my life where I want a bit more coverage. Also, winter is coming and I need all the help I can get, LOL.
    I previously tried Rimmel 100% Clean liquid foundation. I broke out terribly within 3 days. It took almost 2 weeks to get back to normal =( So, needless to say, I gave up for a while. Then I saw someone on YouTube feature this mousse stuff, and it sparked my interest. This is not the original Dream Matte Mousse, it's more firm (I believe).I decided to check this out because I had $1 off coupon and I figured, why not? I had high hopes because this is more of a firm, cream type product.
    Let me tell ya, the texture of this is amazing! I applies like, well - a dream! I am IN LOVE. I've been using this for almost 3 weeks now, and no breakouts. It has great coverage, and blends wonderfully. It comes with a sponge, but I apply it with a foundation brush. (I always think to myself that I'm painting my face haha). I do use the sponge afterwards to make sure everything is smooth and flawless. Next I apply concealer, and top it all off with a light dusting of my MK mineral powder (to set it). My face looks AMAZING! I think I have found my Holy Grail foundation, and couldn't be happier. I truly, truly love this product. It's just so creamy and light feeling. I never look or feel cakey at all.
    This foundation runs about $7, but for as much as I like it I would pay $20 if that's what it cost. I have 3 pictures today. Bare skin, after foundation, and finished product. I did not photoshop these pictures at all, this foundation is just that good. =) 
    Have you tried this product, what do you think? What foundation do you use regularly? If you are stopping by for the first time, leave a comment and let me know you were here =) As always, Happy Beautifying!!

Yes, this is scary LOL. (Bare skin)

After foundation
Finished product. I used no blush, just NYC Sunny bronzer. I also used no eyeliner, just my e.l.f quad in Butternut. I am wearing Essence Waterproof mascara.

6 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like it covers really well. my face is already starting to get dry...boo I hate cold weather. Make it go away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in lourve! :) I honest to goodness did NOT retouch photos, it is just amazing. My face has never looked so flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! You seriously look airbrushed! Wow! :) How do you think this would be on dry skin? Now that the cooler weather is here, my skin is feeling so dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I'll have to let you know because I typically have oily skin, but I will begin to start drying out soon too. I hope it holds up the same as long as I moisturize :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is quite a change! You were not kidding, it looks great on you! I am going to have to try this, as I easily break out and have oily skin too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you do, let me know what you think :) If you hate it, send it to me LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...