Friday, October 7, 2011

Thoughts on New Fall Launches pt. 2

URBAN DECAY
Mariposa palette - $39
  This palette comes with 10 eye shadows and a travel size eye shadow brush. The package is actually quite small; each eye shadow is .03 oz. The case itself is a little tin with the product nestled inside. The eye shadows are in a cardboard tray, which is kinda chintzy. A lot of these colors are re- promotes. I know for sure that you can find Skimp, Haight, & Gunmetal in other palettes. I think if you are going to spend $39 on an UD palette, you might as well spend $9 extra and just get the Naked palette. This too is a pass for me.


BARE ESCENTUALS
bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 - $20
  Basically what this product is, is a pressed mineral form of the bareMinerals eye shadows. Each compact has 2 coordinating colors and a sponge tip applicator. Each color is about the size of a nickle, if that.... FOR $20! That is ridiculous! I don't care if this was the greatest thing on Earth, that is way too much money. A single Cover Girl eye shadow has at least 3 times more product, for only $3-$4. bareMinerals also has a quad, called the READY Eyeshadow 4.0, which is $30. Still too much money in my opinion. Oh, I forgot, you can get the complete collection of 15 duos for only $420. My heart murmured a little typing that...

BOTTOM LINE IS:  Most of these palettes don't seem worth it to me. I know this is only a few of the new products coming out, but these are the ones I've personally looked at and can make an educated judgment about. I don't want others to feel like they NEED something, when it's just not worth the hype. I hate buying things and regretting it, and I wouldn't want anyone else to make a regret purchase. Having said that, that DOES NOT mean that you absolutely shouldn't buy things that I don't care for. Makeup is subjective, as are my opinions. I personally feel that if you want a high end palette, go for the Urban Decay Naked palette. It IS worth all the hype. It has 12 eye shadows in it, an eyelid primer, and a full size eye shadow brush. The casing is beautiful, and every color is wearable.


I hope this is helpful to someone, Happy Beautifying!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I was interested in the Bare Escentuals quads from the Ulta catalog but now I'm not so interested considering the small size and price! I'm always deterred from spending a lot on products when I think about how no one will know what you put on just by looking at your face. What matters is that your face looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob! I am not against Bare Minerals or anything, but you can get an Urban Decay palette for that price with WAY more product. Just didn't seem right to me

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...