Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Look of the Day & A Nail Mail Catastrophe

    I had decided recently that I absolutely, without a doubt, needed to get the WnW Comfort Zone palette. Whew! I got it, so now I can sleep easier at night ;) I love, love, love it! The olive shades are gorgeous, the bronzes are beautiful, and every shade is super pigmented. There is a shade on the bottom right that is duochrome, which is totally rad (I'm sorry, I'm a child of the 80's). It looks green, but it swatches a reddish brown. I actually lined my lower lash line with it today, and it had green flashes to it. Complete awesomeness, I'm tellin' ya. Below is a picture of the palette, with the colors numbered for clarity.


Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • #3 in crease, blended out with a bit of #2
  • #1 as brow highlight
  • #6 packed onto the lid
  • #8 smudged on lower lash line
  • Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara




    As for my Nail Mail Catastrophe... I ordered a couple more China Glaze polishes, this time from Head2Toe Beauty (shipping charges were WAY better, by the way). My beautiful babies came in the mail today, yay!!! I ripped open the box, and there inside were my beauties, rolled in bubble wrap. When I ordered from TransDesign, they were in little China Glaze boxes. Anywho, I picked up one of my little bubble wrapped presents, and one of my polishes falls out and splats on the floor. They weren't wrapped all the way, just on the sides!!! Of course it was my 'It's Alive', which is hard to find and totally awesome. The neck snapped right off the bottle. Unbelievable! I had to go find a polish to dump, rinse the bottle, and re-bottle it. The only bottle I had was an OLD Wet n Wild with a crap-tastic brush. I'm totally bummed. Lesson learned I guess, always handle your babies with care :P

    I hope every one of you has a fabulous Thanksgiving, and treasures every moment spent with family and loved ones. One of the things I am thankful for this year, is this blog as my creative outlet, and all you beautiful people out there who actually read it =) Love to all!! <3



4 comments:

  1. Comfort zone is such a pretty palette. It's probably one of my all time faves! Too bad about your new nail polish, that's a bummer! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saved it as best I could, it just ticked me off lol. Happy Thanksgiving Jaimee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your page through the bloghop and I'm glad I did, basically because it is so entertaining! It looks like I'm going to have this source this palette to Australia with the amount of love it has been getting!

    And, you have the cutest kids ever :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thank you! I try to just be myself, which is basically a big goofball lol. It's very exciting for me to have a reader in Australia, so cool!!
    Thank you for the kind words about the kiddos, they are pretty darn cute ;)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments! They all brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...