I'm a few days late in posting this, but better late than never! I used my Coastal Scents Shimmer palette to achieve this look. It was actually pretty fun to do, and the kids at work got a kick out of it =) Did anyone else do a fun, festive, eye look for Halloween?
- Coastal Scents Shimmer palette (black, bright orange, and a cream highlight)
- NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk
- Essence False Lash mascara
- Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Crush (an orangey color)
- NYC bronzer in Sunny
- Sephora blush in Peche Tendre (matte pinky/ peach)
- Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero (lower lash line & waterline)
- I primed the lids (of course) and used my ring finger to apply a small amount of the jumbo pencil to my lid.
- Using an angled eye shadow detail brush, I placed the black into my crease. I have hooded lids, so I did this in sort of a weird shape. It's almost like a cat eye, but it's very thick in the crease in order for the effect to show.
- Using a cream color to highlight, I placed it under the brow and brought it down just to the edge of the black to soften the edge.
- I used a regular eye shadow brush to pat the orange onto the lid.
- I didn't line my upper lash line because I felt it was dramatic enough up there. I did line the lower lash line and water with a black pencil.
- Curled lashes, applied mascara. I went with the False Lash mascara for added drama (plus I just love it anyway :) )
- When doing a darker, more dramatic eye look, you need to keep some color on the cheeks to keep from looking washed out. I used my bronzer to contour, and used a matte peachy blush to tie the look together. I choose a matte blush because my whole eye look was shimmer, and you need to balance textures.
- It's not showing in the pics (because it wore off) but I have a light orangey color lipstick on. I normally wouldn't go all out with orange and peach, it's a bit tacky, but for a themed look it works.
|My sweater is showing red in this pic, but it's actually bright orange :)|
I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween. I had a blast taking my kids Trick 'o Treating. I had Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Dracula and Winnie the Pooh this year =)